Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 28: Saint Vincenza Gerosa


History

Even when Saint Vincenza was a young girl, she acted like a saint. Though her family was wealthy, she always focused on helping poor and lonely people. She also went to Mass every day. Her family sent her to a school run by the Benedictine sisters, but Saint Vincenza fell ill and had to return home. Her mother, father and sister soon died, leaving Vincenza to run the family business. She worked hard and used the family’s money to do charitable works in her town. Then she started a new order of religious sisters, the Sisters of Charity.  

Activity

Today, learn the Act of Charity, and decide as a family when to add it to your family prayers. Will you all pray it together in the morning? After dinner? Or at bedtime.

An Act of Charity

"O my God, I love Thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art all good and worthy of all love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured. Amen."

Saint Vincenza Gerosa, pray for us!


More reading for parents:


No comments:

Post a Comment